Re: cache policy

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Qiang Lv wrote:

> Hi Yves,
>
> Can you explain the cache policy which Jigsaw uses for me? You know it
> is hard to read source code:)

Jigsaw uses a LRU-threshold policy.
Only the resource with a size < cache_size * file_ratio are cached (if
possible, of course).
Also, when the cache is full, it tries to free the least recently used
entries. Those entries are stored in 10 "generations" and moved back to
the last one when used.
Also, we plan to implement other cache policies at some point, and other
cache related things (we currently have ICP and multicast ICP).