Re: Installation questions

Benoit Mahe <Benoit.Mahe@sophia.inria.fr> writes:

> Well, Jigadmin is the only way to configure Jigsaw [...]
Yes, and it can be sometimes painful, especially for people (like me)
who are rather CLI-oriented than mouse-oriented, or if you have got
many actions to do (and automate).

> In the future, the protocol used by Jigadmin to configure Jigsaw will
> speaks in XML.  So it should be easier to write some configuration
> scripts.

Good news from the evolution of the protocol. Do you have any (even
innacurate) roadmap for this ? I plan to have a student project
between january and march 1999 on a similar subject : integrate a
script language into Jigsaw, or rather JigAdmin, to allow
customization via a text-mode interface. I had a look at JEL
(http://galaxy.fzu.cz/JEL/), which could be promising for this. It
should be only a matter of integrating it to the org.w3c.jigsaw.admin
classes, and providing some useful functions. Will the interfaces for
org.w3c.jigsaw.admin undergo radical changes in the future ?

Olivier (PhD student starting to work on a jigsaw-based proxy server)