Re: Installation questions

Nitin Raut wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We need to map a CD rom drive to a directory in the server root.
> We can do it using PassDirectory resource, however we need to write an
> install script which will do the installation of both the server and
> servlets that we have developed on the client machine.
> The data will reside on a CD-rom and will be retrieved by the servlets.
> Since user may have different drive names for the cd rom, we will need
> to assign the path during install time.
> Alas!, we are using Windows NT/95/98 (so there is no symbolic link)
> Jigsaw 2.0 beta 2.
>
> Is there any way by which we can modify the target for the pass
> directory at install time, without running the jigadmin (user is not a
> technically savy, so we do not expect him to know about jigadmin).

Well, Jigadmin is the only way to configure Jigsaw, except for general
properties
that can be modified in the http-server.props file. But, you can write your
own
PassDirectory class that can read its target attribute in a properties
file, that could
be a solution.

> In my opinion,
>
> If we were to write a class to use the PassDirectory resource and
> somehow read the internal "database" where all the settings are saved,
> in a way similar to that done by jigadmin, and then write our own target
> path (which will be determined by the install script) we should be done.
> If this can be done, which classes should i use and is there any
> particular class that i should see in the *.admin classes ?

Well, you need to read all the class in org.w3c.jigsaw.admin to understand
how
Jigsaw is configured by JigAdmin. And this is not really easy to do.

In the future, the protocol used by Jigadmin to configure Jigsaw will
speaks in XML.
So it should be easier to write some configuration scripts.

Regards, Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team