Re: [Help] Jigsaw 2.0beta2 and servlets & cgi-bin connfig

Tarang Kumar Patel writes:

> ia.fr> said:
>
>     Benoit> Tarang Kumar Patel writes:
>
>     >>
>     >> Just the one question :
>     >>
>     >> Can one still make use of mime.types file or do I have do facilitate a
>     >> "indexer" ?
>     >>
>     >> Also, aside the "mime.type" file what of "mailcap" file, which on Unix
>     >> boxes, one uses to configure "Applications/filters" to invoke on a
>     >> encounte ring a specific mime header.
>     >>

>     Benoit>  None of these files are used in Jigsaw. Relation between files
>     Benoit> and mime types are described in the indexer, and Jigsaw has its
>     Benoit> own filtering system that doesn't use mailcap file.
>
>     Benoit>  Benoit - did I understood the question?
>
>    Yes. Except that if one is generating a "Content" type, say from a
>    cgi-script to stdout, such as : "Content-type: image/x-xbitmap" then
>    how does an indexer help, as the indexer only helps based on file extensio
>    or directory reference. Nither of these being relevant for the case I poin
>    out. I mean I uderstand that one has "mime.type" and ".mailcap" files
>    used by the browser to configure the app helpers, but I figure one would w
> ant
>    the web server configured to support some default app-helpers too.
>
>    Does this make sense ?
>
>     Tarang

 First, the indexer is more than a content-type generator. The
 indexer specify what kind of resources should be created.
 In the case of a cgi script the indexer create the FileReource+
 CGIFrame but the cgi-script decide which content type it has.

 Benoit.

                      World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
                    Architecture domain - Jigsaw Team