Re: [minutes] Internationalization telecon 2019-02-07

The same researcher published
https://ci.nii.ac.jp/els/contents110007176221.pdf?id=ART0009140938
and a series of articles
https://kaken.nii.ac.jp/report/KAKENHI-PROJECT-10610413/106104132001kenkyu_seika_hokoku_gaiyo/

Sorry, all of them are written in Japanese.

His research looks very interesting. He argues that there was
no horizontal writing in pre-modern Japan.   He provides three
reasons to believe that what looks like a right-to-left horizontal
writing is "actually vertical text with 1 character per column".

Regards,
Makoto

Makoto