W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > October to December 2017

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2017-11-02

From: r12a <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 14:29:01 +0000
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <1b59aad8-8e70-8a50-ae5b-e93b7f3852d2@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/11/02-i18n-minutes.html





text extract follows:

  - DRAFT -

            Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

02 Nov 2017

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2017Oct/0021.html

Attendees

    Present
           r12a, Addison, Fuqiao

    Regrets
    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillips

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Agenda
          2. [5]Action Items
          3. [6]Info Share
          4. [7]Radar Review
          5. [8]TPAC prep
          6. [9]Restyle Techniques page
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Agenda

Action Items

    [12]https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [12] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    action-657?

    <trackbot> action-657 -- Richard Ishida to Contact fantasai
    about issue 387 inviting summary of current status of
    text-emphasis-position -- due 2017-10-05 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/657

      [13] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/657

    close action-657

    <trackbot> Closed action-657.

    action-670?

    <trackbot> action-670 -- Addison Phillips to Remind members to
    send ideas about how to find experts to member list -- due
    2017-10-26 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/670

      [14] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/670

    close action-670

    <trackbot> Closed action-670.

    action-672?

    <trackbot> action-672 -- Addison Phillips to Respond to device
    and sensors and ask if they can self-review (while ack that we
    are going to review) -- due 2017-11-02 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/672

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/672

    close action-672

    <trackbot> Closed action-672.

    action-673?

    <trackbot> action-673 -- Richard Ishida to Forward remaining
    low-vision-needs comments -- due 2017-11-02 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/673

      [16] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/673

    richard: more complicated and had no time
    ... ask bert to do after tpac

Info Share

    <r12a> [17]http://rishida.net/blog/201708.html#20171029

      [17] http://rishida.net/blog/201708.html#20171029

    richard: character usage app

    <r12a> [18]https://r12a.github.io/app-charuse/

      [18] https://r12a.github.io/app-charuse/

    richard: working more on it
    ... now completed (ish)
    ... updating with cldr 32
    ... some additional stuff, compare two lists of chars

Radar Review

    [19]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

      [19] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/projects/1

    richard: desire to move text-decoration forward

    [20]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

      [20] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

    [21]http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

      [21] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/

TPAC prep

    richard: plh would like to have a link to their agenda
    ... need an agenda
    ... last time we had folks turn up with stuff to discuss
    ... nice to know in advance
    ... sent email
    ... link to create email to all folks

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: respond to observer requests and in
    particular folks who'd like to schedule TPAC time

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-674 - Respond to observer requests
    and in particular folks who'd like to schedule tpac time [on
    Addison Phillips - due 2017-11-09].

    richard: items for agenda

    <r12a> Digital publishing - planned

    richard: plan to explain gap analysis work to them

    <r12a> TAG lang/bidi strings

    <scribe> ACTION: addison to create agenda in wiki for TPAC

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-675 - Create agenda in wiki for tpac
    [on Addison Phillips - due 2017-11-09].

    <r12a> Webplatform - Universal Acceptance / html email form
    fields

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: us to them probably

    <r12a> for discussion

    <r12a> Charmod

    <r12a> HTML/specdev techniques format & consolidation of E&O
    materials

    <r12a> i18n sponsorship program

    <r12a> Questions:

    <r12a> why isn’t Edge supporting bidi isolation?

    <r12a> why isn’t Safari flipping the switch to support dir
    isolation?

    (or maybe "when will"?)

    <r12a> PLH, moving Encoding to Rec

    <scribe> ACTION: addison to contact PLH about moving Encoding
    to REC

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-676 - Contact plh about moving
    encoding to rec [on Addison Phillips - due 2017-11-09].

    could do another 'what's happening with clreq' session

    scribe: and other lreqs

    <scribe> ACTION: addison to invite angel et al to propose a
    time to talk about clreq progress and gap analysis

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-677 - Invite angel et al to propose a
    time to talk about clreq progress and gap analysis [on Addison
    Phillips - due 2017-11-09].

Restyle Techniques page

    <r12a>
    [22]https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/authoring-html?
    collapse

      [22] 
https://www.w3.org/International/techniques/authoring-html?collapse

    <r12a>
    [23]https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/techniques/authoring-html
    .en

      [23] https://w3c.github.io/i18n-drafts/techniques/authoring-html.en

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison to contact PLH about moving Encoding to
    REC
    [NEW] ACTION: addison to create agenda in wiki for TPAC
    [NEW] ACTION: addison to invite angel et al to propose a time
    to talk about clreq progress and gap analysis
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: respond to observer requests and in
    particular folks who'd like to schedule TPAC time

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Wednesday, 15 November 2017 14:29:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 15 November 2017 14:29:12 UTC