Re: [css-text-decor-3] Updated DoC, open issues

On 01/07/2017 07:02 PM, Florian Rivoal wrote:

>> On Dec 28, 2016, at 00:43, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>>
>> I've drafted up a Disposition of Comments for the 2013 CSS Text Decoration CR:
>>   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-text-decor-3/issues-cr-2013
>
> Issue 6[1] is marked as resolved, and it mostly is, but the minutes[2] indicate the plan was to:
> * Add the new behavior and new keywords in L4 (done)
> * Add a note to L3 saying we expect to change to match L4 (done)
> * Update the default behavior in L3 to match the one in L4 in a subsequent CR update. (not done)
>
> It isn't entirely clear to me that we had solid agreement on that last point when we moved on, with Fantasai seeming in favor, plinss seeming against.
>
> Should that be counted as a separate open issue?

I think, yes, that should be counted as a separate open issue.
I can definitely see a good argument either way, given that
<ins> and <del> need the old behavior and they can't get it
if we take it away from L3 entirely.

(Also I'm really tired right now, so maybe I'm confused.)

~fantasai