[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2016-09-08


text version follows:

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

08 Sep 2016



    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/09/08-i18n-irc


           Addison, Steve, JcK, r12a

           Francesco, Felix

           Addison Phillips

           Addison Phillips


      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Radar
          5. [9]Issue Triage
          6. [10]Charmod
          7. [11]AOB?
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      * [13]Summary of Resolutions


Action Items


      [14] https://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open


    <trackbot> action-543 -- Richard Ishida to Publish elreq as
    fpwd -- due 2016-07-28 -- OPEN


      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/543

    <r12a> [16]https://www.w3.org/TR/elreq/

      [16] https://www.w3.org/TR/elreq/

    scribe: and there was much rejoicing!

    close action-543

    <trackbot> Closed action-543.


    <trackbot> action-548 -- Richard Ishida to Forward issue-215 to
    html asking for the removal of rb and rtc from the list of
    "obsolete" tags in html 5.1 -- due 2016-09-08 -- OPEN


      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/548

    <scribe> done

    close action-548

    <trackbot> Closed action-548.


    <trackbot> action-549 -- Addison Phillips to Create agenda
    schedule for tpac meeting of i18n wg and reply to inquiries,
    especially dpub -- due 2016-09-08 -- OPEN


      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/549


      [19] https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/TPAC2016Agenda


    <trackbot> action-550 -- Addison Phillips to Send a
    request-to-read on charmod-norm for discussion next week, with
    an eye to proceeding to lc -- due 2016-09-08 -- OPEN


      [20] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/550

Info Share

    richard: micropub is adding same text as activity streams,,
    only the made is shorter and left out some important stuff
    ... sent them a note
    ... and they added a section on a11y
    ... new version of JLReq

    <r12a> [21]https://w3c.github.io/jlreq/%3Cbr/%3E%C2%A0%C2%A0

      [21] https://w3c.github.io/jlreq/<br/>

    richard: ported to github

    <r12a> [22]https://w3c.github.io/jlreq/

      [22] https://w3c.github.io/jlreq/

    <r12a> [23]https://w3c.github.io/jlreq/ja/

      [23] https://w3c.github.io/jlreq/ja/

    richard: porting all as-is to respec on github
    ... now we need to figure out what to do next
    ... put some of the things I remembered into the issues list of
    that repo

    addison: publish like a second edition?

    richard: more of a third edition

    <r12a> [24]https://r12a.github.io/pickers/persian/

      [24] https://r12a.github.io/pickers/persian/

    richard: released a persian picker, with transliterator

    <r12a> فعالیت بین‌المللی‌سازی، W3C



      [25] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/radar/

    richard: svg2 sent transreq


      [26] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/projects/

Issue Triage

    <r12a> [27]https://validator.w3.org/i18n-checker/

      [27] https://validator.w3.org/i18n-checker/

    <r12a> [28]https://github.com/w3c/i18n-checker/issues

      [28] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-checker/issues

    richard: want more issues
    ... added the ones you suggested, addison


      [29] http://w3c.github.io/i18n-activity/reviews/


      [30] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/216

    "... which in this docuument are called addressable character."


      [31] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/218


      [32] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/217

    stronger: inline base direction is input to bidi


      [33] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/209


      [34] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/211


      [35] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/207


      [36] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/210

    richard: what about deleteComposedCharacterBackward
    ... ask them to define what a composed character is


      [37] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/208


      [38] https://github.com/w3c/i18n-activity/issues/207

    richard to forward svg2 comments, addison to forward webauthn

    holding input-events for additional review


    richard: agreed to hold chinese meeting on morning of thursday


      [39] http://w3c.github.io/charmod-norm/#searching

    "this section now in jeopardy"

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: drop current charmod section 4 into
    the wiki for posterity or future use and then edit to remove
    [recorded in

      [40] http://www.w3.org/2016/09/08-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-551 - Drop current charmod section 4
    into the wiki for posterity or future use and then edit to
    remove [on Addison Phillips - due 2016-09-15].

    richard: remove "latest dated version in /TR"
    ... time in tpac to discuss charmod?

    addison: yes


Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: drop current charmod section 4 into the
    wiki for posterity or future use and then edit to remove
    [recorded in

      [41] http://www.w3.org/2016/09/08-i18n-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]

Received on Friday, 9 September 2016 11:44:13 UTC