[minutes] Arabic layout telecon 2016-06-21


text version follows:

Arabic Layout TF telecon

21 Jun 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/21-alreq-irc


           r12a, Shervin, mostafa, Najib




      * [3]Topics

      * [4]Summary of Action Items

      * [5]Summary of Resolutions

       [5] file:///tmp/lynxXXXX0PPH2r/L5694-8470TMP.html#ResolutionSummary

    Mostafa: Re issue #49: this seems it needs a lot of work. But I
    don’t think we have the time for this, as it is not an
    essential part of our document.
    ... I suggest that we list all the problems that we see, but we
    don’t have to fix them all for the first public draft.

    Shervin: +1. Mostafa, whenever you had time, you can leave a
    comment on the CLDR issue opened in regards to our issue, to
    list the problems.
    ... Not doing that can lead to the issue being closed by CLDR
    and not getting any results.
    ... How are we going to proceed here? Is there an action here?

    Mostafa: We can keep the issue to keep gathering information,
    until the problems are fixed.

    Richard: About Najib’s example in this issue: which place is
    correct for the Arabic percent sign?

    Mostafa: In Iran both sides are used by different people, but I
    see it mostly from the left side.

    Najib: It’s different in different parts and groups in Arabic
    script. Some people put it on the left and some put it on the


       [6] http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/bidi.jsp?a=۱۰۰٪&p=Auto



    Najib: I added some new words to the glossary and corrected
    some translations and added some descriptions. If it’s OK for
    the document, I can send a PR.

    Shervin: The process for creating HTML for a PR is done using a
    ... I can do that in a couple of weeks.

    <Shervin> ACTION Shervin Update the glossary with changes
    introduced in June 21st by Najib

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-60 - Update the glossary with changes
    introduced in june 21st by najib [on Shervin Afshar - due

    <najib> [8]http://printwiki.org/Sinkage

       [8] http://printwiki.org/Sinkage

    Najib: PrinktWiki is useful for understanding the concept some
    of the terms.

    Shervin: If itis used, don’t forget to add it as a source to
    our list of sources.





    Mostafa: I have the text ready for the section 2.3 direction.
    ... I only have to prepare the images before this is ready for

    Shervin: Can you put this on the Wiki? That would be easier for
    the commenting.

    <Shervin> Proceeding to action items:



      [12] https://github.com/w3c/alreq/wiki/Draft-for-

    Najib: The direction of the numerals can also be mentioned.

    Richard: That might be a little too complicated for this
    section. We have links for further reading.

    Mostafa: +1



    Shervin: This is an essentail part of the document and it can
    take some time before it reaches its final form.

    Najib: Re action-58 I’m going to add some images from
    Wikipedia, because of Wikipedia’s license.
    ... For action-37 I’m going to prepare a draft for and will put
    it on the wiki.

    <Shervin> [14]https://github.com/w3c/alreq/issues

      [14] https://github.com/w3c/alreq/issues

    Mostafa: I’m interested in working on the justification

    Shervin: Please keep in mind that there are two schools of
    thought when it comes to Arabic justification.
    ... I’ll send the links to the documents.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]

Received on Tuesday, 28 June 2016 19:14:07 UTC