From: Ivan Herman [mailto:ivan@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2016 11:55 PM
To: Tex Texin
Cc: Richard Ishida; W3C Digital Publishing IG; www International
Subject: Re: The HTML q element can sometimes be useful. Discuss.

Tex,

> On 30 Apr 2016, at 00:03, Tex Texin <textexin@xencraft.com> wrote:
>
> The move to github may solve one problem but seems to cause others.
>
> Replies to the mail from github don't seem to go to github. Is there an easy way to forward replies to github?

I would have to see if there is a specific setup for this (I do not think so; maybe somebody on the list does), but I routinely use the mail reply to add a comment to github. Actually, I believe I use mostly my email client for this rather than the web site…

Ivan

> Also, github doesn’t maintain the threading as email does. In serializing the responses, it isn’t clear (as far as I can tell) which comment a reply refers to.
>
> It isn’t clear to me either how much of the original mail I should cut and paste into a reply, and as the formatting is changed, it loses some of the indications of who said what.
>
> I am sure it is my lack of familiarity with using github lists. What are the guidelines or etiquette for this?
>
> And if I have to go to the github web site to make a reply that is a needless hassle obviating the benefits have a mail client.
>
> tex

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Lead