Re: CR Feedback: String counting and offsets

From: <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:28:46 +0100
To: Sebastian Hellmann <hellmann@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>, Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>, www-international@w3.org
On 20/10/2015 12:37, Sebastian Hellmann wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> thanks for the pointer. Good work, this was exactly what I was looking for.
> Maybe a reference to the character model can be added to the current CR
> to keep the pointer.

I don't think this is germaine to the focus of the Encoding spec, which
is encoding and decoding of bytes.  We might, however, want to mention
it in http://www.w3.org/TR/charmod-norm/, and indeed it is something
that would probably interest the Web Annotations folks.  I suggest you
raise an issue at https://github.com/w3c/findtext/issues and another one
at https://github.com/w3c/charmod-norm/issues.

ri