Re: New text-transform tests

From: Simon Montagu <smontagu@smontagu.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 01:23:34 +0200
To: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>, www International <www-international@w3.org>, "fantasai (fantasai@inkedblade.net)" <fantasai@inkedblade.net>, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
On 03/09/2015 08:22 PM, Richard Ishida wrote:
> over the weekend i posted a set of tests for CSS Text Level 3, section
> 2.1 Case Transforms: the text-transform property, with results for major
> browsers, at
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/text-transform
>
> some of the tests are rewrites of tests we already had, but there are
> also new tests, in particular for text-transform: capitalize, and
> various exploratory tests checking for language-specific tailorings.
>
> if there are no problems reported over the coming few days, i'll upload
> to the CSS test suite repository.
>
> please send comments if you see issues,
>
> thanks,
> ri

Hi Richard,

I believe that all the tests on the Enclosed Alphanumeric block are
incorrect. i.e. text-transform-upperlower-026.html,
text-transform-upperlower-027.html, and
text-transform-capitalize-026.html. The characters in this block are in
the 'So' general category in Unicode, and CSS3 text defines that
text-transform: uppercase lowercase and capitalize only affect
'letters', i.e. 'characters belonging to one of the Letter or Number
general categories'.

(Full disclosure: so far I only checked the tests that Firefox is
reported as failing)