Re: i18n-ISSUE-411: Definition of whitespace should come from Unicode

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 10:38:01PM -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> No, since you ask.  We use Unicode, but we don't require that every
> non-printing character be recognized as a delimiter.

What I worry about is inconsistent handling of whitespace across
implementations.  But anyway, I guess this isn't really the place to
fix that up, since it'd be all over XML anyway, right?  (I guess I'm
just sensitive to this right now because the IETF tried to do clever
things with paring down Unicode to things we wanted, and it isn't
working quite as we'd hoped.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@anvilwalrusden.com