Re: New hyphens tests

Richard Ishida wrote:

> i just posted a set of tests for CSS Text Level 3, section 6.1
> Hyphenation Control: the hyphens property, with results for major
> browsers, at
>
> http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repo/results/hyphens
>
> if there are no problems reported over the coming few days, i'll upload
> to the CSS test suite repository.

Prior to submission it might be better to structure the tests so that
they pick up the prefixed hyphens property that is already widely
implemented. The "results" here are basically bogus since for all
current browsers since the unprefixed 'hyphens' property is not supported.

MDN 'hyphens' page:

  https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/CSS/hyphens

Not sure I believe the language columns for non-Firefox browsers...

I think it might be more useful to have tests that pass/fail per
language, since this is a unique issue for this property (without
underlying dictionary support, using the hyphens property has no effect
on text display). And you should be aware that the "support" will vary
by platform version in the case of Safari and IE which are relying on
underlying platform dictionary resources, at least as I understand it.

​