Re: Directional text attribute RTL

Hi Richard,

The images appear to be correct. I would have to test them to make sure,
and results may differ from editor to editor.

The images indicate what you will likely see in the average text editor ,
when trying to edit bidirectional text.

Andrew

On Thursday, 21 May 2015, Richard Dunne <richarddunnebsc@gmail.com> wrote:
> In the W3 documentation on authoring with Right to Left scripts, the
explanation shows the difference between authoring with RTL and LTR.  In
section 3.1 Working with markup, Fig1 shows Markup being rearranged in LTR
source code.  Fig 2 shows markup rearranged in RTL source code.
> Fig1 shows two attributes, the class attribute with value myclass in
double quotes "myclass", followed by the title attribute where its value is
paragraph content written in Arabic Text in double quotes: title="Arabic
Text".
> Fig2 seemingly shows three attributes, p which I am guessing means
paragraph equals Arabic Text in double quotes: "Arabic Text"=p,
> class equals myclass in double quotes: class="myclass" and title on its
own, not equal to anything.
> It doesn't look right or make sense.  Can someone take a look at it and
verify it is correct.
http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-bidi/#ri20060625.102000852

--
Andrew Cunningham
Project Manager, Research and Development

Ph: +61-3-8664-7430
Mobile: 0459 806 589
Email: acunningham@slv.vic.gov.au
          lang.support@gmail.com