Re: [manifest] i18n: No localization model; [I18N-ISSUE-412]

From: aphillips via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 15:34:50 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
@kenchris Actually, icons are often localized. Not as often as app
titles, but it is not infrequent.

@marcoscaceres I don't know that it ended in sadness and confusion,
but the model Widgets uses was somewhat complex (more so because there
 were actually TWO models--one in the configuration file and other
that used directory structure)

I don't care for the "solution" of generating multiple manifests
because there doesn't seem to be a mechanism in place for finding out
about which manifests are available and selecting the "right" one for
the job (aka "language negotiation")... and I note that in my day job
I have apps that are localized into several languages and don't have a
 different start_url for each language.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by aphillips
See https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/338#issuecomment-102433941