I18N-ISSUE-339: Should Japanese spec styles match implementations or vice versa? [css3-counter-styles]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 21:12:28 +0000
To: www-international@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-339: Should Japanese spec styles match implementations or vice versa? [css3-counter-styles]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: css3-counter-styles

6.2 Alphabetic: lower-alpha, lower-latin, upper-alpha, upper-latin, lower-greek, hiragana, hiragana-iroha, katakana, katakana-iroha
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-counter-styles/#simple-alphabetic

The hiragana, katakana, hiragana-iroha, and katakana-iroha seem to be implemented in the same way in Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and now Opera. The implementation differs from the spec only by the addition of one or two characters to the basic set.

Should we change the spec to align with the implementations?

For more information see the test results at
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/repository/css3-counter-styles/predefined-styles/results-cstyles#simplealpha