W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-international@w3.org > July to September 2013

[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2013-09-12

From: Richard Ishida <ishida@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:27:47 +0100
Message-ID: <5231EB83.8030305@w3.org>
To: www International <www-international@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-i18n-minutes.html




Text version follows:


Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

12 Sep 2013

    [2]Agenda

       [2] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2013Sep/0011.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-i18n-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Addison, Richard, JohnK, Felix, David

    Regrets
           Mati

    Chair
           Addison Phillips

    Scribe
           Addison Phillip

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Review Radar
          5. [9]CSS3 Fonts
          6. [10]What Time Is This Meeting At?
          7. [11]PRECIS
          8. [12]canonicalization
          9. [13]Encoding document
         10. [14]TPAC
         11. [15]AOB?
      * [16]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

translate attribute in HTML5

    richard: in html5 it says "these attributes are translate"
    ... not clear if you put translate=no on element it makes the
    attributes translate?

    felix: if you put translate=no then attributes aren't either

    richard: doesn't say that

    felix: something to clarify

    richard: also need to clarify that all unnamed attributes are
    not to be translated

Agenda

Action Items

    [17]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    <r12a> [18]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close ACTION-255

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-255.

    close ACTION-256

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-256.

Info Share

    felix: did presentation on ITS
    ... hosted a booth about Metanet
    ... sat on an MT panel
    ... lots of interest in ITS
    ... some comments "how can I evaluate benefits for business
    decision about ITS"
    ... might need a project/effort to study
    ... lots of general agreement about value, but not anything
    quantitative
    ... quite interesting week

    <fsasaki> [19]http://www.mtsummit2013.info/programme.asp

      [19] http://www.mtsummit2013.info/programme.asp

    felix: less recognition of need for standard formats like xliff
    and such

    JcK: is it too late to appeal for standard c12n formats?

Review Radar

    [20]http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

      [20] http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: add link to tracker product on radar
    page [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-257 - Add link to tracker product on
    radar page [on Addison Phillips - due 2013-09-19].

CSS3 Fonts

    richard: just sent out a bunch of comments in tracker
    ... mostly editorial
    ... just four for WG attention

    <r12a> [22]http://www.w3.org/International/track/products/51

      [22] http://www.w3.org/International/track/products/51

    richard: issue 295

    [23]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/295

      [23] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/295

    <r12a> [24]http://www.w3.org/TR/css-fonts-3/#unicode-range-desc

      [24] http://www.w3.org/TR/css-fonts-3/#unicode-range-desc

    addison: agree with that

    [25]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/296

      [25] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/296

    [26]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/299

      [26] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/299

    <r12a> [27]http://www.w3.org/TR/css-fonts-3/#cluster-matching

      [27] http://www.w3.org/TR/css-fonts-3/#cluster-matching

    addison: agree

    <r12a> [28]http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/301

      [28] http://www.w3.org/International/track/issues/301

    [29]http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-charmod-20050215/#sec-RefUnic
    ode

      [29] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-charmod-20050215/#sec-RefUnicode

    <r12a> C065 [S] All generic references to ISO/IEC 10646
    [ISO/IEC 10646] MUST refer to the latest version of ISO/IEC
    10646 available at the date of publication of the containing
    specification.

    <r12a> C064 [S] All generic references to the Unicode Standard
    [Unicode] MUST refer to the latest version of the Unicode
    Standard available at the date of publication of the containing
    specification.

    Unicode The Unicode Consortium, The Unicode Standard, Version
    4, ISBN 0-321-18578-1, as updated from time to time by the
    publication of new versions. (See
    [30]http://www.unicode.org/unicode/standard/versions for the
    latest version and additional information on versions of the
    standard and of the Unicode Character Database).

      [30] http://www.unicode.org/unicode/standard/versions

    request that they add additional verbiage

    <scribe> chair: objections to these four being WG comments?

    none

What Time Is This Meeting At?

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: send proposal for date to switch
    telecon time to standard time using same wall time [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-258 - Send proposal for date to
    switch telecon time to standard time using same wall time [on
    Addison Phillips - due 2013-09-19].

PRECIS

canonicalization

    JcK: some advantages to using as few ways of doing things as
    possible
    ... particularly on the wire
    ... too late to say "don't do that ever"
    ... consider "harmful" vs. "necessary"

Encoding document

    addison: need to publish, will push new document to richard for
    FPWD by next tuesday

TPAC

    richard: only richard at TPAC
    ... plus eight or so observers
    ... anyone else going?
    ... should we have a meeting room?

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: send reminder about TPAC with warning
    will cancel room [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-259 - Send reminder about tpac with
    warning will cancel room [on Addison Phillips - due
    2013-09-19].

AOB?

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: add link to tracker product on radar
    page [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: send proposal for date to switch telecon
    time to standard time using same wall time [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: send reminder about TPAC with warning
    will cancel room [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2013/09/12-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 12 September 2013 16:28:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 21 September 2016 22:37:35 UTC