[minutes] Internationalization telecon 2013-08-22


Text version follows:

  Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

22 Aug 2013



    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/08/22-i18n-irc


           Addison, Richard, JcK, Felix


           Addison Phillips

           Addison Phillips


      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Agenda
          2. [6]Action Items
          3. [7]Info Share
          4. [8]Radar Review
          5. [9]techniques indexes
          6. [10]F2F details
          7. [11]Navigator language, Locale Preferences API
          8. [12]Date in WebIDL
          9. [13]AOB?
      * [14]Summary of Action Items


Action Items

    <r12a> [15]http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

      [15] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

    close ACTION-235

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-235.

    close ACTION-240

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-240.

    close ACTION-245

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-245.

    <r12a> counter-styles

    <r12a> done also

    ACTION-246: sent some of the links, but some remain

    <trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-246 Send links to interesting
    css/html emails to member and/or via tracker.

    close ACTION-247

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-247.

Info Share

    JcK: IDNA "firestorm"


      [16] http://alistapart.com/column/around-the-www-in-80-minutes/


      [17] http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

Radar Review


      [18] http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

    felix: ITS 2.0
    ... feature to convert ITS2.0 -> RDF
    ... change of that feature to be non normative results in a new
    quick last call, move to PR following
    ... don't expect I18N needs to really look into the document


    richard: have some editorial comments
    ... some comments on shepherding
    ... idea was to make it easier to forward comments

techniques indexes


      [19] http://www.w3.org/International/techniques/authoring-html

    richard: we have these pages
    ... trying to tell people what resources we have
    ... need updating
    ... and some pruning/care
    ... process of updating is mechanical
    ... does anyone want to help?

    <r12a> [20]http://www.w3.org/International/technique-index

      [20] http://www.w3.org/International/technique-index

    addison: dynamic version of above authoring-html link is borken

    richard: call for assistance

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: ask WG for assistance in editing
    techniques indexes [recorded in

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-248 - Ask wg for assistance in
    editing techniques indexes [on Addison Phillips - due

    felix: happy to help ml semantic group create material

    <fsasaki> group is here [22]http://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/

      [22] http://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/

    addison: ask IG?

    richard: we could

    addison: will use winter list to invite folks then

F2F details

    addison: invite to dinner
    ... and then thurs/fri edit session

    JcK: can come Th/Fr

    felix: leaving Th morning

    addison: invited Martin

    <JcK> "Can come" is a bit more commitment than I an make right
    now, but am working on it.

Navigator language, Locale Preferences API



    richard: we discussed perhaps?
    ... were concerned about what a "locale" is
    ... generally thought it was a good idea
    ... no changes recently?

Date in WebIDL

    addison: (tries to summarize)

    <scribe> ACTION: addison: give links to WebIDL discussion on
    dates for discussion next week [recorded in

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-249 - Give links to webidl discussion
    on dates for discussion next week [on Addison Phillips - due


Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: addison: ask WG for assistance in editing
    techniques indexes [recorded in
    [NEW] ACTION: addison: give links to WebIDL discussion on dates
    for discussion next week [recorded in

    [End of minutes]

Received on Friday, 6 September 2013 09:42:03 UTC