RE: [css3-ruby] [css3-text] Position values and before/after definitions in LR vertical writing mode

My first instinct is to question whether there is an issue here. Is it a
problem that ruby text labelled 'before' will appear to the left of vertical
mongolian text?  Before and after refer to the position relative to the
block progression, in my mind. It's not about top of line coincidence.

I think that above and below are confusing, since they suggest physical
locations that are not appropriate for vertical text.

(Note that the CSS Ruby module says " vertical-ideographic layout mode, the
ruby appears on the right side of the base" - mongolian isn't ideographic.
That could certainly be made clearer with a note.)

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)