Re: bidi embedding for block-level elements

The ceiling on embeddings in the bidi algorithm was invented in an
attempt to prevent implementations from taking shortcuts and setting
their own ceiling. 60 some levels was thought to be small enough that
any implementation could handle it, and yet inconceivably large for
practical cases. However, the limit is on bidi levels, not on the number
of embeddings. It occurs to me that in some contexts, levels could
increment by 2. Might be worth someone checking in the bidi
specification under what circumstances that occurs, and whether that
means the worst case nesting limit is lower.

A./