Re: Ideographic Space, word-spacing, and justification

Yes, I will re-review the document.

I believe Steve Zilles has been representing Adobe on the JLTF, and I will
discuss my comments with him.

One of the concerns I raised in the thread has been the "misuse" or
"mal-appropriation" of existing/traditional terminology (often
unintentional, and usually based on inadequate exposure to prior art). This
happened when traditional publishing was moved to DTP and is happening again
as DTP-level styling and layout moves to the Web.
  The situation gets worse when dealing with translations of technical terms
across languages, nuance is often accidentally lost or a generic term gets
substituted for a specialized one (or the reverse, a specialized term gets
used as generic).
  The situation is also aggravated when a technology is viewed as
proprietary (often treated as trade secrets, as was the situation in the
traditional publishing industry in the U.S. in the 1970's-1980's), because
the only way to learn the terminology is to work for several companies in
the field so you can sort out what is common from what is "extended" by a
given vendor.