Re: [Comment on WS-I18N WD] indicating preferred date format

Hi Dan,

Dan Chiba さんは書きました:

> Is this a valid example of indicating preferred date format?
>
> For an American user in the pacific timezone whose preferred medium
> date format is "MMM dd, yyyy", should the XML representation look like
> this?
>
> <i18n:international>
> <i18n:locale>en-US</i18n:locale>
> <i18n:tz>America/Los_Angeles</i18n:tz>
> <i18n:preferences>
> <ldml:dateFormatLength type="medium">
> <ldml:dateFormat>
> <ldml:pattern>MMM dd, yyyy</ldml:pattern>
> </ldml:dateFormat>
> </ldml:dateFormatLength>
> </i18n:preferences>
> </i18n:international>
>
> I am assuming Gregirian calendar is the default calendar system. i.e.
> The above fragment is equivalent to this:
>
> <i18n:international>
> <i18n:locale>en-US</i18n:locale>
> <i18n:tz>America/Los_Angeles</i18n:tz>
> <i18n:preferences>
> <calendar type="gregorian">
> <ldml:dateFormatLength type="medium">
> <ldml:dateFormat>
> <ldml:pattern>MMM dd, yyyy</ldml:pattern>
> </ldml:dateFormat>
> </ldml:dateFormatLength>
> </calendar>
> </i18n:preferences>
> </i18n:international>
>
> This is an example of the clarification I would like in WS-I18N.

the example looks reasonable to me. I'm only wondering why the
<calendar> element is in no namespace.

Btw., by "clarification" do you mean a MUST about the content of the
i18n:preferences, a SHOULD, or a list of "best practices" e.g. for date
formatting?

Felix