[Comment on WS-I18N WD] indicating preferred date format

Is this a valid example of indicating preferred date format?

For an American user in the pacific timezone whose preferred medium date
format is "MMM dd, yyyy", should the XML representation look like this?

    <i18n:international>
      <i18n:locale>en-US</i18n:locale>
      <i18n:tz>America/Los_Angeles</i18n:tz>
      <i18n:preferences>
        <ldml:dateFormatLength type="medium">
          <ldml:dateFormat>
            <ldml:pattern>MMM dd, yyyy</ldml:pattern>
          </ldml:dateFormat>
        </ldml:dateFormatLength>
      </i18n:preferences>
    </i18n:international>

I am assuming Gregirian calendar is the default calendar system. i.e.
The above fragment is equivalent to this:

    <i18n:international>
      <i18n:locale>en-US</i18n:locale>
      <i18n:tz>America/Los_Angeles</i18n:tz>
      <i18n:preferences>
        <calendar type="gregorian">
          <ldml:dateFormatLength type="medium">
            <ldml:dateFormat>
              <ldml:pattern>MMM dd, yyyy</ldml:pattern>
            </ldml:dateFormat>
          </ldml:dateFormatLength>
        </calendar>
      </i18n:preferences>
    </i18n:international>

This is an example of the clarification I would like in WS-I18N.

Regards,
-Dan