Re: [Comment on WS-I18N WD]

Based on the recent discussions, I revised the proposed specific i18n
items for explicit inclusion as follows:

  1. Locale (BCP 47 | "$neutral" | "$default")
  2. Timezone (Olson ID or RFC 822 zone offset)
  3. Language (identifies translation language, BCP 47)
  4. Collation (based on the IANA collation registry)
  5. Date/Time Formats (based on LDML syntax)
  6. Number Format (based on LDML syntax)
  7. Currency Format (based on LDML syntax)
  8. Calendar (based on LDML calendar type?)

Changes are:
* Locale identifier expects BCP 47 (delimiter is dash; no underscore).
* Language is moved down to become a child of i18n:preferences. (only
locale and tz are immediately under i18n:international)
* Charset is removed.

Clarifications:
* 3 - 8 are all optional.
* Language element may be used when it is desirable to honor user's
locale and language preferences independently.
* The language element is at
i18n:international/i18n:preferences/i18n:language. BCP 47 defines valid
values.
* The collation element is at
i18n:international/i18n:preferences/iana:collation. Collation Registry
defines valid values.
* The namespace for the collation element needs to be defined. (prefix
and the URI)

Is this a reasonable list of the element items now?

Regards,
-Dan