RE: Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) in progress

I'm not so sure of that.  I just purchased the rishida.net domain because I was sick and tired of trying to get people to type in http://people.w3.org/rishida/photos/ correctly over the phone - much less remember it when they get back to their computer.  rishida.net/photos/ on the other hand is a cynch.

I'm constantly spelling out or writing out the URI of my home page for other people, and I'm glad I don't have to do it in some other language, never mind a different script like Greek or Cyrillic.

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)