Re: Effect of IE7 "Send UTF-8 URLs" option

KUROSAKA Teruhiko wrote:
> Hello,
> Does anyone know what "Send UTF-8 URLs" option in Internet Explorer 7 does?

Hello,

>From my experience, I suspect that this option instructs IE7 to send the
URL (IRI here) in native script encoded UTF-8. That means that IE7 will
not replace the utf-8 bytes of non-ASCII characters by escape sequences.
Note that the IRI should work, even if it's non-ascii characters are
represented with escape sequences, these are legal. But not all browsers
are smart enough to do that. (I think Opera is OK).

Hope this helps.

Best,
Najib

--