RE: For review: An Introduction to Multilingual Web Addresses

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for your comments.  See below...

What do you have set for browser language preferences in the IE7 browser you
used to look up the test? If you don't have japanese or chinese it should
indeed produce punycode.

> There is no way for a lay user (or
> even a pro) to tell whether punycode indicates danger. Few
> people can recognize whether a possible homograph attack is
> taking place. I think if the sentence starts with
>
> "An attempt to alert the user..."
>
> You might also add that "But most users would not be able to
> recognize whether there is indeed a phishing attack."

I reworked the text at the beginning of the Domain names & phishing section
to hopefully address your points.