Re: Comment on working draft "Specifying Language in XHTML and HTML Content"

You misunderstand. Nobody is trying to game the system. The issue is to
understand
a) what actual, physical effects I should/may see out of doing each one of
these things, and
b) if there is a mismatch (I made it a large difference just for
illustration), what should/may the effects be?

Unless we can understand what the effects will be, what is the point of
advice one direction or the other?

Mark

--
Mark