Re: Java I18N

On 31/10/06, John O'Conner <John.Oconner@sun.com> wrote:
> > Easy for most usage:
> > http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Intl/IntlIntro/ seems
> > to point me
> > in the right direction, and is based on iso639 and iso3166, having
> > 'variant'
> > as a possible further extension (not sure how that might apply to
> > xml:lang).
>

> Hey, I wrote that. Although I'm no longer an engineer in the i18n
> team, I have 'emeritus' status. :) If you would like any Java-
> specific help with your i18n work, please let me know. I can either
> answer your question directly or point you to the right person.

Thanks John. So far so good
(http://ubraille.org). I'm merging a sax ErrorHandler with
I18N copied from James Clarks Jing parser. Seems to be
working OK, but I'm hooking the language off the default
system encoding. OK until someone in France decides to
produce Swedish Braille... But I haven't got there yet.

I'll ask if I get there!

regards

--
Dave Pawson