RE: New tutorial for REVIEW: Ruby Markup and Styling

Hi Dan,

see below...

============
Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info:
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/

W3C Internationalization:
http://www.w3.org/International/

Publication blog:
http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/

The ruby content in the XHTML 2.0 spec is simply a link to the Ruby Annotation recommendation, so I don't think there's much more to say on the matter.  Would it help to say that, though?  (I didn't want to do much more than hint at its availability in XHTML 2 until that spec at least gets to CR, though. Things can still change.)

> BTW I'm interested to learn more about how to use Ruby in
> (X)HTML markup fragments inside RDF/XML (eg. RSS1.0, FOAF,
> Creative Commons, ...), but I guess I should be studying the
> spec itself for that. Is there anything more I should do
> there than use an XHTML namespace within an RDF XML Literal
> construct? I think I need to learn more about XHTML modules
> to understand this.

Yes, I'm not sure about it either, however it's on the radar for inclusion in the output of the ITS (Internationalized Tag Set) WG, so I guess I'll know more soon.
http://esw.w3.org/topic/its0506ReqRuby

RI

> Anyway, thanks for a handy looking tutorial :)

Thank you!