DCMI Localization and Internationalization Working Group Meeting, Madrid

FYI.  I was asked to circulate this announcement by Dra. EVA Mª MÉNDEZ RODRÍGUEZ.

=========================

From: "Karen Rollitt" <Karen.Rollitt@NATLIB.GOVT.NZ>
To: <DC-GENERAL@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 3:48 AM
Subject: DCMI Localization & Internationalization WG Meeting, Madrid 2005, Call for presentations

DCMI Localization and Internationalization Working Group Meeting, Madrid
2005
The DCMI Localization and Internationalization Working Group (DCMI L&I) is
planning a special session on September 13 at DC-2005 in Madrid -
http://dc2005.uc3m.es/program/program.asp. It is planned that the session
will be in two parts. The first part will be a presentation session to
exchange ideas and experiences from local and/or domain specific communities
and share them with the global community.  The second part of the session
will be dedicated to questions and discussion arising from the
presentations.

Request for presentations
This email is an offer to all DC-2005 participants to present a short paper
at the DCMI L& I special session about their local and/or domain specific
activities.  Topics can include metadata centric research & development
activities for regional and cultural resources; technologies and concepts
for localization and internationalization of DC, and so forth. See
http://dublincore.org/groups/languages/  "Open Issues" for more ideas. The
presentation can be up to 15 minutes long.

Publishing the presentations
Last year the Journal of Internet Cataloguing was interested in publishing
papers from the presentations at the 2004 DCMI L&I Working Group Meeting
however we have been unable to complete this work for various reasons. This
year the Co-chairs - Shigeo Sugimoto and Karen Rollitt - are offering an
early invitation to you to optionally submit a paper for the presentation
that you will present at the 2005 DCMI L&I Session.  The paper can be
approximately 1500 words.

Important dates
- By June 30th 2005 indicate your willingness to present at the DCMI
Localization and Internationalization Working6 Group Meeting in Madrid, with
a short title of your topic. Please email Shigeo and Karen.
- By July 30th 2005 indicate your willingness to submit a paper and send
paper to Shigeo and Karen. Note that the paper is optional.
- By August 31, 2005 submit a paper to the co-chairs.
- DCMI Localization and Internationalization Working Group Meeting, Tuesday,
September 13, Madrid 2005.

Co-Chairs
Shigeo Sugimoto
Karen Rollitt
sugimoto@slis.tsukuba.ac.jp
karen.rollitt@natlib.govt.nz

Dra. EVA Mª MÉNDEZ RODRÍGUEZ.
Dpto. Biblioteconomía y Documentación | Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
C/ Madrid, 128 (Office. 14.2.17) | 28903 GETAFE (MADRID) | SPAIN.
Phone: +34 91 624 86 20 | Fax: +34 91 624 92 12 | emendez@bib.uc3m.es
http://www.bib.uc3m.es/~mendez | http://es.dublincore.org |
http://dc2005.uc3m.es