Re: International standards for various forms of profile data

I will be doing what I can for en_US and de_DE, these being my 2 native
locales. Currently I am just collecting whatever data I can find in the
areas I listed below. I plan to design a definitive requirement for our
March SW release by mid-December, that should give me enough time for a
good research and compilation of data. I do plan to host the results on a
web site when they are finished, notifying the members of this list of its
presence. I might even design it so that members can update the tables for
their locale online.

The tables will look like this:

table                           lang_table
data_id data_type               locale          data_std        data_long
data_short      data_description

0001    gender                  en_US           male            male m
male gender
                                de_DE           männl.          männlich m
        männliches Geschlecht
0002    gender                  en_US           female          female f
female gender
                                de_DE           weibl.          weiblich
w               weibliches Geschlecht

Not all fields might be required for each instance, but so far I was able
to store all locale specific information in this format.

Thanks for your cooperation, Kremena

- Dave

"Kremena Gotcheva" <infom@bcci.bg>
08/30/01 01:08 PM