  From: www-international-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-international-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of David_Possin@i2.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 12:32 PM
  To: Kremena Gotcheva
  Cc: www-international@w3.org
  Subject: Re: International standards for various forms of profile data

  I will be doing what I can for en_US and de_DE, these being my 2 native
locales. Currently I am just collecting whatever data I can find in the
areas I listed below. I plan to design a definitive requirement for our
March SW release by mid-December, that should give me enough time for a good
research and compilation of data. I do plan to host the results on a web
site when they are finished, notifying the members of this list of its
presence. I might even design it so that members can update the tables for
their locale online.

  The tables will look like this:

  table                                lang_table
  data_id        data_type                 locale                data_std
data_long        data_short        data_description

  0001        gender                        en_US                male
male                m                male gender
                                  de_DE                männl.
männlich        m                männliches Geschlecht
  0002        gender                        en_US                female
female                f                female gender
                                  de_DE                weibl.
weiblich                w                weibliches Geschlecht

  Not all fields might be required for each instance, but so far I was able
to store all locale specific information in this format.

  Thanks for your cooperation, Kremena

  - Dave

       "Kremena Gotcheva" <infom@bcci.bg>
        08/30/01 01:08 PM