Re: a simple question about characters with macrons

Erik van der Poel wrote:

> Note that Netscape 4.X does not support hex NCRs. Also, the decimal NCRs
> only work when the document's "charset" is UTF-8:

To clarify (I know this is what Erik meant, but others might mis-read
this); decimal NCRs are only supported *in Netscape 4.x* when the MIME
charset is UTF-8.

In the spec, for both traditional HTML and for XML, NCRs always refer to
the "document character set" which is defined always to be Unicode,
irrespective of what encoding (what MIME unfortunately calls the "charset")
is used to transmit the document.

--
Chris