Re: Localization and Internationalization

"Steven Clift" writes:

> I was wondering if there are any formal connections between efforts
> at WWW internationalization (where I assume language and character
> sets are the main focus) and localization with countries?

The IAB workshop on character sets proposed that all internet
standardization use the formal registry now being established
by CEN and probably ISO for cultural sepcifications, including
POSIX locales, which is one of the recognized ways of doing
localization. The CEN cultural registry is available at
www.dkuug.dk/cultreg/

Keld