Re: Language label

At 09:15 26/2/97 +0100, M.T. Carrasco Benitez wrote:
>I have the feeling that there is consensus (please give a signal) for
>
> <HTML LANG=xx>

This seems the best solution. One thing we need to consider though is if
there should be some way to indicate that some of the subelements of the
documents are in other languauges (say a multilingual document). Perhaps we
should have a standardized META tag of the form:

<META name=languages content=".....">

where .... is a space separated list of 3166 language codes.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.sgml.u-net.com/