Re: Help on multilinguality on systems

Abdel-Basset al-ASSIMI, GETA-CLIPS-IMAG wrote:

> Hellow every body,
>
> On the MacOS, we use WorldScript I, WorldScript II and language kit
> technics to allow dealing with multilingual text processing/editing on the
> same machine.
>
> I have some questions:
>
> 1- What are equivalent/alternative technics on Windows95, Unix and others
> systems?
===========

Under Windows you have NLS APIs to handle language support for
multilingual apps. More on this at:
http://www.tiziana.com/pub.html
=================
> 2- Do you know some of real "text/document processors" (on these
> plate-forms) that are  really multilingual, i.e. which allow to edit
> several languages (from diffrent writing systems: romain, arabic, japanese,
> thai, etc.) in the same document? I search for multilingual softwares to be
> used in a context of multilingual publishing environments (such as big
> translation firms, international companies, etc.).
==============
MS Word can handle any of the languages the OS supports and you can mix
them in the same DOC. Language becomes another attribute just like you
use character Bold, Italic, etc. For other tools see:
http://www.tiziana.com/tools.html
===============

> 3- What do I need on my system (MacOS, Windows95, Unix) to write and read
> multilingual HTML documents on Web, and where can I find these resources or
> softwares?
===========
If you use a browser like Tango you don't need anything, not even fonts
to display all languages in html docs. For other browsers you need fonts
for instance to display double byte languages.
More at:
http://www.tiziana.com/book.html
Tiziana Perinotti
TGP Consulting
Developer of Silicon Valley Localization Forum web site
http://www.tiziana.com
email: tiziana@tiziana.com