Re: URIs in citations

Hello Susan,

We had a look at this comment today at our teleconference.

>In the references sections the prose needs to be the link (a URI should
>not be anchor text). Dominique Hazael-Massieux wrote a Bibliography
>Extractor [1] that can help, and the Manual of Style has an example entry
>to follow [2].

With very few exceptions, the title of the work being referenced
is already a link, and we plan to fix the remaining items.

However, we do not understand your comment "a URI should not be
anchor text". Why not? Can you explain? We agree that just giving
URIs as links is bad practice, but having something else as link
text, and having the URIs mainly for printing, does not provide
an argument for not also making the URIs links.

Regards,    Martin.