RE: Background color of images

Richard Ishida wrote:

>We discussed this comment in our Core teleconference today. In order
>to take a decision on this, I was actioned to ask you in what
>circumstanes people are likely to want to set their preferences to
>light on dark.

You may wish to check with WAI. Mac OS X and my Windows provide
accessibility control panels whose main function is to reverse video
system-wide to light on dark. The suggestion applies to those reading
our specs who for whatever reason cannot use or don't have the OS
option. I believe most browsers since Netscape 2.0 (a guess) provide
a means to choose foreground and background colors.

--
Susan Lesch           http://www.w3.org/People/Lesch/
mailto:lesch@w3.org               tel:+1.858.483.4819