Re: Heuristics

Hello Michael,

Many thanks for your comment. We have received similar comments,
and have already decided to make some changes, although we don't
yet know the exact wording.

We think that the Appendix of XML 1.0 does not give heuristics,
in that no two implementations will interpret a document as
being encoded in different encodings. (there may of course
be differences in what encodings the two implementations accept).

By heuristics, we mainly meant statistically or otherwise
judgement-based or guessing-like procedures that won't be
implemented consistently in different implementations.
Do you have any idea of how to express this in a better way?

Regards,    Martin.