Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

On 24 Apr, Lachlan Hunt wrote:

> The WHATWG does not want a presentational language!  We want a useful
> and practical language.  We have not introduced any new presentational

  A useful and practical *what* kind of language?

> markup into the language, but the decision to retain B and I was a
> pragmatic one.

  You have not only retained B and I. You've changed them to have a
  semantic interpretation not consistent with either their original
  definition or their use in the wild.

> We also don't want to add semantic elements just for the sake of
> semantics.  We have, however, added semantics that have real use cases.

  And discarded other - real - use cases.

--
 -       Tina Holmboe                           Greytower Technologies
       tina@greytower.net                      http://www.greytower.net