Re: HTML5 script start tag should select appropriate content model according to src

David Woolley wrote:
> Tina Holmboe wrote:
>> There is not now, nor has there EVER been, a legitimate use case for
>> the I or B elements in HTML.
>
> ... but I don't think that that is what the WHATWG's constituency wants.
> They do want a presentational language, and they are in the vast majority.

The WHATWG does not want a presentational language!  We want a useful
and practical language.  We have not introduced any new presentational
markup into the language, but the decision to retain B and I was a
pragmatic one.

We also don't want to add semantic elements just for the sake of
semantics.  We have, however, added semantics that have real use cases.
  Without such use cases, there would be little advantage in authors
using the elements and even less advantage for UAs to implement them.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/