Re: Design question about formats based on XHTML 2

Hi Paul,

On 29/08/06, Paul Nelson (ATC) <paulnel@winse.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Shane,
>
> If you are saying that the "role" can be used by anybody for anything
> they want you will effectively generate significant disadvantage for the
> accessible community. A property that needs to be supported by browsers
> and other systems to help the assistive technology tools will be so
> flooded with other uses/misuses that there will be negative impact on
> those who need to rely on that functionality to use web content.
>
> I hope that the meaning of roles remains exactly as it is worded below
> and is not changed to be defined as "all things for all people".

The key to @role is QNames and their implied expansion to a resource
identifier, and so to the world of RDF. In that sense they can be "all
things to all people", and the disambiguation comes via the taxonomies
that Shane referred to.

Regards,

Mark

--