extensibility of role/class/property/rel Re: Security Markup

Le 22 août 06 à 01:34, Shane McCarron a écrit :
> Karl Dubost wrote:
>>
>> Issue to solve.
>> Same than for "property" attribute.
>> There is no defined mechanism to extend the values of role/
>> property/rel/class attributes.
> Sure there is.  You can create any values you want for role,
> property, rel: they are defined to be QNames. Just declare a
> namespace and do whatever you want within that namespace.  Sort of
> the whole point of QNames.  The values that are defined in the
> XHTML 2 draft are in the XHTML namespace.

It is not a *defined* mechanism.
The whole point of QNames is disambiguation, not interoperability.
"Do whatever you want" doesn't help interoperability on what has been
defined at all and promotes things like:

[[[
In a User Interface if a model was clearly, it would make it possible
for
	- User agent to display the definition of the property if requested
(accessibility, usability)
	- Authoring tool to display a menu with choices of values and their
definition when editing
	- Search engines to index content with help on definition when
someone is using the search engine.
]]]
-- [xhtml2] extending values for property from karl@w3.org on
2006-08-17 (www-html-editor@w3.org from July to September 2006)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2006JulSep/0090
Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:04:02 GMT

We could imagine that there is a way with XML, RDF, simple XHTML
file, a way to create a reference which is explaining the goal and
meaning of the new values and which is automaticly processable by
user agents (including authoring tools and others).

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***