Re: XHTML Applications and XML Processors [was Re: xhtml 2.0 noscript]

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 4 août 06 à 14:40, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> > http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/07/21/dive.html
>
> Hehe and then…
> we could say the same about HTML on the Web. It is not HTML.

It is not SGML, for sure. That's why HTML5 has a comprehensive HTML
parsing specification that describes how implementations are to parse
HTML. Thus, conforming HTML5 UAs will be able to process the HTML found on
the Web. Whereas conforming XML UAs cannot in general process the majority
of the XML found in feeds, despite feed UAs processing them fine.

It isn't particularly important to me whether you believe that XML is used
on the Web or not, though. :-)