Re: [XHTML 2] Embedding Attributes Examples

[moved to www-html for discussion]
"Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
> Jim Ley wrote:
>> The Example

>> Is poorly chosen, as it cannot be styled in a way appropriate to both a
>> raster PNG and a table,
>
> Such issues are the domain of the stylesheet language.  The only reason
> that example cannot be styled differently now is because CSS does not yet
> provide a mechanism to select replaced elements.

I agree that this is much in the domain of the stylesheet language, however
the example is misleading, in that it is currently completely useless in the
real world, as exampled by a Working Group Member in this forum only a
couple of days ago.

Specifications do not live in isolation, and unless XHTML 2 is going to wait
until there is a CSS specification of the same maturity as it and requite
that for styling, it should continue to be compatible with the CSS 2 it is
currently referencing.

Regards,

Jim Ley.