Re: DC in XHTML2

Phil Archer wrote:

> As Lisa pointed out, we can use Link/rel tags at the top if we want to
> give a URI as a property value. But, support for Qnames would make
> this a lot easier since, yes, it's more compact, and, no less
> important I'd say, it's more natural to add the metadata to the thing
> you're writing as you do it rather than having to go back and add the
> metadata to the head section as a separate operation/thought process.

+1 from me :).

Note that instead of QNames you can currently already use entities in a
somewhat similar approach:

<!DOCTYPE html [
<!ENTITY age "http://www.classificationboard.nl/age#" >
]>
<link rel="meta" about="#titanic" href="&age;twelve"
type="application/rdf+xml" />
<link rel="meta" about="#usual" href="&age;age#eighteen"
type="application/rdf+xml" />

But, entities require a DTD, and DTDs are ugly and have a weird syntax.
I entirely agree that QNames would be much much nicer to have (in RDF
itself as well, in fact), and that specifying things like this
separately using links in the head is counter-intuitive... It would be
great to be able to just have an XHTML document and add some properties
here and there and bam, it’s ‘semantic’.

~Grauw