Re: DC in XHTML2

RE: DC in XHTML2Mark and all,

Can I offer another use case for being able to use Qnames as values of
properties.

I've been working with several others on ways to make it easy to apply an
RDF description to groups of resources rather than a single URI in a system
we call RDF Content Labels [1]. One application of this is encoding film
classifications.

If I understand the spec correctly, this is valid XHTML 2

      xmlns:label="http://www.w3.org/2004/12/q/contentlabel">
<head>
  <title>Movies on demand</title>
  <link rel="label:hasDefaultClassification"
     href="http://www.classificationboard.nl/age#all"
type="application/rdf+xml" />
  <link rel="meta" about="#titanic"
href="http://www.classificationboard.nl/age#twelve"
     type="application/rdf+xml" />
  <link rel="meta" about="#usual"
href="http://www.classificationboard.nl/age#eighteen"
    type="application/rdf+xml" />
</head>

section -->

As Lisa pointed out, we can use Link/rel tags at the top if we want to give
a URI as a property value. But, support for Qnames would make this a lot
easier since, yes, it's more compact, and, no less important I'd say, it's
more natural to add the metadata to the thing you're writing as you do it
rather than having to go back and add the metadata to the head section as a
separate operation/thought process.

      xmlns:label="http://www.w3.org/2004/12/q/contentlabel"
      xmlns:age="http://www.classificationboard.nl/age#">
<head>