Re: <separator /> should be <transition />

On 6/3/05, Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl> wrote:
> Orion Adrian wrote:
> > <hr /> simply isn't staying unless the working group ignores the
> > coments from the past many years.
>
> The semantics an element have don't have to relate to its name. Vertical
> languages can simply use <hr /> as its semantics are defined as that of
> a separator.

Uh... this just stunned me. I read this and I had trouble at first
comprehending that you were in fact serious.

Shall we call everything by the wrong name and expect people to
understand? Dogs are now cars. Cars are now Cateloupe?

Names are incredibly important. Names should be carefully choosen so
that they meet user's expectations as closely at possible. To not do
so is a host of complaints in the works. Using the name hr for
vertical separators is a very bad idea.

Orion Adrian